- Preparation Time:
20 minutes Tops
A lot of kids don’t like their vegetables. Personally, I don’t know why. Well, that’s a lie. Kids hate vegetables because if they’re not smothered in butter and.or cheese, they’re not quite palatable to developing taste buds. Just the way it is…
So how ‘bout if we made vegetables, specifically carrots, taste like candy… BACON candy!!! Kids would eat them up like nobody’s business. They’d get their veg, their protein and a bit of dairy all at the same time. Yeah! Go Chef Rob!
Best part about this recipe? It’s easy as pie. Mmmmmm….Pie.
1 bunch Organic Carrots
About 12 Strips Maple Leaf Bacon (1 per carrot)
3 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Honey
2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F
2. Chop of the heads of your carrots. Treat them like Marie Antoinette!
I chose to use the organic carrots because they tend to be a lot thinner than most. I didn’t want to have to fiddle with them to much.
3. Give ‘em a peel with a speed peeler. Basic so far, right?
4. In a ramekin or small bowl, melt your butter in the microwave slowly. Add in your honey and give it a good stir.
5. Throw your carrots in a bowl with your bacon. Season with lots of black pepper, a touch of salt and rosemary sprigs. Pour your honey-butter mixture on top and mix everything up. Make sure every square inch is coated. I told you you’d get some dairy!
6. Now it’s time to get your hands dirty! Wrap each carrot with a piece of bacon and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Throw everything in the oven and and bake until the bacon has gone crispy and everything is nice and caramelized
8. You can eat these things like popsicles!