- Preparation Time:
Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Caesar Salads are amazing, what really makes them amazing is the caesar sauce. I like having some crispy salad in my caesar, something about that crunch with that caesar sauce makes it so much better. Remember when I made the wedge recipe or the bruschetta recipe? I focused on ‘chunks’, I wanted to get a thick cut of cheese on the recipe. I also wanted to make it authentic by adding in some croutons.
6 strips Maple Leaf Bacon
1 head Garlic
½ loaf Day old bread
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 tbsp Mayo
1-1/2 tbsp White Vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
Juice of ½ lemon
½ cup + 2 tbsp Olive Oil
¼ cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1 head Romaine Lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Chop of top of garlic head, coat with olive oil and wrap in foil. Roast in oven for about 30 minutes, or until the cloves are very soft.
3. Toss old bread with olive oil and bake for 8 to 10 minutes in oven (with roasted garlic) until golden brown. Toss with paprika, garlic powder and black pepper when done.
4. Fry and crumble bacon strips.
5. In blender, blend together mayo, Dijon, white vinegar, roasted garlic, anchovies. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while blender is going.
6. Toss washed and broken lettuce together with dressing.
7. Top with bacon pieces, croutons and grated cheese.