- Preparation Time:
Prep time: 2 mins Cook Time: 35 mins
Are you having a Game Day party and all those awesome Game Day Recipes with Bacon!? If you answered yes then, boy, are you in luck. This Game Day recipe will make you more popular than a QB at a cheerleading convention. If you answered “No, I hate football?” or “Why would I go to a party for an enormous salad bowl?”, then, boy are you in luck – the deliciousness of this recipe is independent of the size of TV you’re watching.
Just as a side note, it turns out this is my 100th recipe. I had no idea I would make bacon 100 ways when I started this thing. Who knew?! Time to celebrate! Wooooooohhh!
8 strips Maple Leaf Bacon
½ cup Chef Rob’s Special Rub (See Below)
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
½ cup Ketchup
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 ½ tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Hot Sauce
2 tsp Salt
16 Small Buns
Sliced tomato, Romaine Lettuce and Blue Cheese Dressing for Sandwiches
Should make about 12-16 little sliders
Chef Rob’s Special Rub
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Paprika
1 tbsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Chili Powder
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400F.
2. Grab your lovely chicken thighs and toss them into a bowl. Pour your rub on top and rub those spices in to all those cracks and crevices. I ALWAYS have some of this rub in my cupboard in a mason jar because it’s just fantastic on everything. It stays fresh longer than it will ever last in your cupboard.
3. Place your seasoned chicken thighs on a greased baking sheet.
4. Grab your strips of bacon and wrap each one around those lovely thighs. No need to use a toothpick or anything like that. Those strips aren’t going anywhere
5. Whack your chicken into the oven for about 30-35 minutes. By that time the bacon will be nice and crispy.
6. While your chicken is doing its thing, we’re going to make some Carolina-style barbecue sauce. In a sauce pot, mix together your vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar Worcestershire, butter, salt and hot sauce. Bring this to a simmer and let it continue for 10 minutes. Set it aside when it’s done.
7. Look at that crispy bacon. 100 recipes have taught me well, I think.
8. Let your chicken cool then get your hands dirty and tear it up. I threw it all in right with the barbecue sauce. Mmmmm, I’m drooling again.
9. Cut your little buns in half and place a little bit of your sauce drenched chicken.
10. Top it with a slice of tomato, a little bit of lettuce and a smidgen of blue cheese dressing
11. Spear it with a pickle and watch them babies fly.