- Preparation Time:
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 5 mins
It’s been a while since I’ve done a salad, and since spring is upon us I thought I’d bless this website with some more nice fresh flavours. Herein you will see how gosh darn easy it is to make your own raspberry vinaigrette. It literally takes no more than two minutes in a blender. You no longer have an excuse to buy the processed stuff at the store! Now, my philosophy to making a salad is quite simple. Pick a lettuce, pick a fruit, pick a nut, pick a cheese, finish with bacon. Here, you can be so gosh darn creative. I went with arugula, raspberries, cashews, brie and of course bacon, respectively. GO CRAZY WITH YOUR SALADS!!
4 strips Maple Leaf Bacon
½ pint Raspberries, plus more for topping
½ cup Olive oil
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp Sugar
1 Lemon, juiced
6 thin slices Brie
2 tbsp Roasted Cashews
Salt and pepper
1. Grab your bacon, cut it up and giv’er a frying. You know the way we do it here…
2. In a blender, pulse together your raspberries, dijon, lemon juice and sugar.
3. Slowly drizzle in your olive oil to make a beautifully combined thick dressing. You could thin this out with a bit of water if you wish, but this is just so beautiful!
4. Toss your arugula in a few tablespoons of your dressing, and top with a couple slices of brie
5. Finish with your cashews, bacon pieces and a few raspberries to make the freshest salad you’ve had in years!