- Preparation Time:
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
Summer is truly the season of salads. I just showed you how to make something a little different, in a quinoa salad, and now let’s hop back on the traditional bandwagon with good old fashioned creamy macaroni salad. I’m going to change it up a little bit with the addition of some more slightly exotic vegetables in zucchini and shallot, but also season it with some gorgeous fresh dill. Can’t say that this isn’t summery!
6 strips Maple Leaf Bacon
½ lb Elbow Macaroni
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Small Zuchhini
½ Red or Yellow pepper (or two small peppers)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Paprika
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
¼ cup Chopped Dill
½ cup Hellmann’s Mayo
¼ cup Sour Cream
2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Boil your pasta according to package instructions and fry your bacon until it’s crispy. Shouldn’t be too hard, right?
2. While all that stuff is going on, chop up your veg. If you’re not a big fan of strong onion flavour, use some red onion instead of shallot.
3. Drain your pasta, then toss it with a little bit of olive oil just to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Add in your spices (garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and cayenne pepper). Mix these together and let the pasta cool down.
4. Add in your bacon, dill and chopped veggies and again stir it all together.
5. Once the pasta has fully cooled, add in your mayo, sour cream and cider vinegar and stir it all together… but DON’T SERVE IT YET! This will be way better after sitting for a couple hours (or even overnight) in the fridge. Be patient, you will be rewarded!