- Preparation Time:
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
Welcome to installment two of Lobster week. I hope you’re enjoying it as much as I did. I mean… you didn’t get to eat these sandwiches, but here I give you the power and insight to make them yourself! And you’ll be able to bask in that lobster glory. Bathe in it. Soak it up. Bring that joy to your friends… or, you know, save it for yourself. I don’t judge. I just lobster. (Did I just use lobster as a verb?)
3 strips Maple Leaf Bacon, fried crispy!
1 lobster Shelled
4-5 thin slices Tomato
2 leaves Boston Lettuce
¼ cup (1 stick) Butter
2 tbsp Hellmann’s Mayo
2 slices Bread
1. Shell your lobster. Get right in there! Break up those claws, tear through that tail, but DON’T throw out all of that extra stuff! Throw it all into a food processor and pulse it to break up the shells. Now, my food processor wasn’t powerful enough for that, but it wasn’t a big deal. If yours isn’t either, don’t worry about it.
2. Grab your pulsed shells (and all that lovely juice that came out of them) and toss it into a small pot with a stick of butter. Melt that butter down and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. Yes, we’re making lobster butter. We want that butter to pick up all that remaining flavour in the legs and shells and claws and what not.
3. Once your butter is fragrant, strain the butter through some cheesecloth to rid of all the pieces. You’ll be left with the most decadent butter you could ever imagine.
4. Grab a couple tablespoons of your lobster butter and mix it in with a couple tablespoons of your mayonnaise. Boom. Instant Lobster Butter Aioli
5. Spread your newly made aioli all over two slices of bread.
6. Top with a few slices of heirloom tomato if you’re lucky enough to find some.
7. A couple leaves of tender Boston lettuce come next
8. Lobster, of course. I used the meat from the tail here. I cut it in half right down the middle and placed it smack dab down on that lettuce.
9. BACON STRIPS!
10. And fold ‘er up. Toast it if you like, but I ate it just like that. Oh, baby do I need to make more of these!